WE BRING WOOD & STEEL
Spearhead Inc. is a multi-faceted, value-added manufacturing company specializing in the design and fabrication of architectural timber and steel. The Spearhead team is comprised of designers and technologists, craftspersons and builders, managers and planners. This unique blend of individuals coupled with a passionate pursuit of excellence and dedication to craft, has given Spearhead the solid reputation it has today.
The Spearhead manufacturing facility is located on the west arm of Kootenay Lake in the Southern Interior of British Columbia. The 30,000 sq.ft. facility houses full-service millwork and timberframe shops featuring CNC manufacturing and timber milling equipment along with design and administration offices.
Spearhead has the unique ability to supply a wide range of building components from structural timber and steel, to panelized wall and roof assemblies, millwork and finish materials. Spearhead collaborates with industry-leading professionals including designers, architects and engineers as well as a host of other consultants across North America with whom they share passion for and dedication to their work. Spearhead also maintains key relationships with many specialized fabricators and unique suppliers to provide the wide variety of products required for its projects.
All projects are developed using BIM software to achieve fabrication-level digital models which interface directly with CNC machinery. This information is shared with project partners to review connections and coordinate site-built and prefabricated components.
Wherever possible, structural and architectural components are designed, engineered, and pre-manufactured parallel with site construction, allowing for just-in-time delivery and compressed construction schedules. Keeping the production process in a controlled environment at our facility greatly enhances quality, enables cost control and promotes manufacturing efficiency.
Spearhead has been involved with numerous award-winning & high-performance residential and commercial projects, including LEED Platinum projects in North America.
Spearhead is FSC Chain of Custody Certified and has LEED accredited professionals on staff.
IN THE PRESS
We are fortunate to work with leading architects, engineers and builders. Our work relies solely on relationships that have been carefully curated over the last 25 years. We care deeply about our clients. We are constantly striving to remain at the forefront of the industry and we pride ourselves in providing our clients with innovative solutions.
At Spearhead our people are our greatest asset. We expect new hires to posses the skills listed below and to provide our clients with the prompt professional service they have come to expect.
Spearhead offers competitive wages commensurate with experience, benefits, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please email your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. Only qualified individuals will be contacted.
K2 Operator Job Description
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide accurate management and operations of the Hundegger K2 CNC joinery cutting machine & Hundegger Planer. The successful applicant must:
1. Ensure that the highest quality of timber & EWP fabrication while maximizing machine output and minimizing waste.
2. Take direction from Production Management, collaborating with other CNC operators and communicating with Project Managers, Job Leads and Shop staff.
3. Possess in-depth knowledge of CNC Tooling is a requirement, including but not limited to drills, mills, slot cutters, etc.
4. Demonstrate experience with precision measuring instruments should include calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gauges, indicators and scales.
5. Experience with Cadwork is considered an asset, along with the ability to read 2D prints & production documentation to ensure machine operation will produce the desired level of precision and quality throughout the production run while holding to scheduled cycle times.
6. Qualified applicants must be able to multi-task, problem-solve and ultimately provide innovative fabrication means & methods to provide value to the position and to the Company.
7. Applicants will be required to setup and operate secondary operations when cycle time of the primary K2 machine allows and are expected tp maintain and change tooling within the CNC and planer.
8. Applicants must also be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules, demonstrate leadership in upholding safety standards in the plant to ensure a safe working environment is followed in accordance to safety
9. Have a positive attitude and collaborative team-based approach to delivering world class projects.